UNBSU 2018/2019 EXECUTIVE CANDIDATES AND PLATFORMS
Below are the platforms of candidates running for President, Vice President Advocacy, Vice President Internal, Vice President Finance and Operations and Vice President Student Life for the 2018/2019 UNBSU executive committee.
We want to REDESIGN a strong & vibrant UNB community for everyone. With Richard’s extensive leadership experience, he will make UNB a place like you’ve never seen before:
• Unite UNB students through spirit and community
• Bring new life to the UNBSU
• Change the experience for every single student
For much more information on these campaign points, go to redesignunb.com!
VICE PRESIDENT, ADVOCACY CANDIDATES
• Sustainable Development - increase awareness around global initiatives, implementing simple proactive alternatives for students that will have mass impact on protecting the environment while minimally effecting their everyday routines
• Social Justice - Fostering sense of community & fighting for equality across all student groups particularly those underrepresented.
Quality of Experience - Engaging high quality event production, revision of campus parking arrangement, transparent communication
You don’t have to host rallies, stage events, or lobby your governments, to fight for equality. You should fight in everything you do. Call out those who are marginalizing others in their speech or action, be a voice for those whose voice is not heard, and support the rights and growth of all people. Equality for all, solidarity with all.
• Empower, educate, and excite UNB students through striving for equality for all individuals, addressing the mental health epidemic, and working towards a sustainable UNB through implementing open education resources and improving waste management on campus.
• These initiatives combined form a powerful, cohesive vision for UNB students to share and feel welcome in a community that fosters inclusion and celebrates diversity.
VICE PRESIDENT, INTERNAL CANDIDATES
Hey, UNB! Let’s redesign UNB to transform this great campus into an amazing one. Ali’s diverse background and strong leadership fuel her passion to improve the student experience
• Fostering spirit & community: Events, homecoming, supporting minority groups.
• Reviving the Student Union: Student jobs, scholarships, great services.
• Improving student experience: Parking reform, removal of “W”s, world-class education.
VICE PRESIDENT, FINANCE & OPERATIONS CANDIDATES
• Support inspiring and new events and services for students by increasing revenue through community sponsorships.
• Reduce unnecessary internal spending and allocate funding towards events that foster a positive and inclusive atmosphere and cultivate an academic environment appreciative of our university’s diversity
• Be an open and accountable member of the UNBSU and responsibly manage the operating budget with impartiality and diligence.
• Support the creation of student-focused events and initiatives that would contribute to a stronger and more inclusive UNB community.
• Work towards the creation of more student jobs with the Student Union and an increased access of Clubs and Societies to resources.
• Focus the budget on current and future student concerns such as mental health, sustainability, and diversity.
VICE PRESIDENT, STUDENT LIFE CANDIDATE(S)
Using his flexible and determined work ethic, Ben plans to bring his globally-driven attitude to work at the UNB Student Union next academic year. Through these three key areas, we’ll redesign a strong and vibrant UNB community for everyone:
• Unity through Spirit & Community
• Implementing new innovations to the UNBSU
• Re-vitalizing the UNB student experience
More information: redesignunb.com.